Tuesday, November 2, 2010

interview artist of the month Oct 2010 Johnny jackson

http://www.tipoutmag.com/TipOutInk_1010.aspx
TIP•OUT INK
Johnny Jackson
Johnny Jackson of Texas Body Art
Photo: Hugo Pedraza


October 2010

What made you become an artist?
When I was young I liked art and soon found out I could make art permanently on skin, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I enjoyed making other people feel good about themselves through expression of ink on their skin.

How old were you when you gave your first tattoo?
I did my first tattoo on myself at the age of 15. This was before I ever had the pleasure of tattooing someone else. I tattooed my foot.

How old were you when you received your first tattoo?
I had many before I had gotten my first real tattoo by a professional so that is where we can start and that would be at the age of 22 by a local artist that worked at the first studio I ever worked for in Houston, Larry Shaws.

What was it and what dose it mean?
I got a screaming devil head on my chest and I didn’t have no meaning to it except for the fact that I loved art and wanted my body covered in art. I know the television depicts people coming in daily for the ink that represents something in particular and it is not always the case. Some get tattooed merely for the fact that they love to wear art on their skin.

Would you allow your son or daughter to have a tattoo?
Once they turn 18 it is a freedom of choice, since it is against the law to tattoo anyone under the age of 18. At 18 you are old enough to make a decision and commitment like that easier than at an earlier age.

What’s your motivation?
Mizuz Inkaholik, Texas Body Art, Faith, Family and love.

What would you call your style?
I refuse to fit in a box. I would say it is called neo traditional with bright colors and I also do Realism Color portraits. Anything that challenges me as an artist.

What artist(s) inspires you?
Kori Flatmo, Roxi, Noble, NickB, many artists that keep me on my toes and I would say that any artist that pushes the envelope and brings something new to the game. In our world we tend to just recycle the same design ideas year after year with different interpretations, so anyone who travels outside the box is what challenges me. I have a lot of respect for our pioneers in the industry for paving the way that we are now.

View more of Johnny Jackson’s work at his studio,The one and only original,cant be copied, don’t be fooled by imitations Texas Body Art on Jones”.

http://www.texasbodyart.com
http://www.inkaholik.com
http://www.mizuzinkaholik.com
http://www.biolabpiercing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment